Tamang Heritage Trail - 12 Days
- Duration:12 Days
- Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Destination: Nepal
- Max. Altitude: 3870 Meters
- Start at: Kathmandu
- End at: Kathmadnu
- Group Size: 1 - 10
- Best Season: Spring - Autumn
- Trekking through the beautiful Settlement of Tamang and Sherpa people
- Experience the test of local foods and drinks. Great hospitality of Local People
- Explore the Himalayan flora and fauna. Animals like Snow leopards, red pandas, Himalayan black bears, and many others.
- Chill out in the natural hot spring at Tatopani village, Local believe it reduces pain in your body.
- See the mesmerizing sunset and mountain view from the well-known viewpoint of Kyangjin – Ri
- Explore the Buddhist Monastery at Kyangjin Gumba. Test the yak cheese in a local dairy.
The trip to Tamang Heritage Trail is a journey across the society of the Tamang community that holds the decades-long history of highland settlement and is easily accessible from the capital city of Kathmandu. Your adventure journey begins on a mountain highway from Kathmandu to Syabrubensi.
Tamang heritage trail with Langtang valley also takes you to the home of Langtang national park, where you can experience the wildlife, rural landscape, mountain view, and the rich cultural heritage of the ethnic Tamang people. The trek guarantees the best possible encounter with distinctive culture and alpine adventure.
This 12-day trek begins at Syabrubesdi and proceeds up a steep slope and a gradual road to Gatlang, offering mesmerizing views of the mountain range and surrounding countryside, complete with river and waterfall. The following day's trek took us to Tatopani village where you can relax in the natural hot spring. Hiking through the Thuman and Birdie villages gives you the opportunity to explore local culture, towering mountain views, and diverse landscapes.
The Tamang heritage trail is made worthwhile when you are delighted to experience the enriched wonders like ancient Tibetan monasteries, Rhododendron, pine, and bamboo forest, majestic waterfall, snow-capped mountain, and diverse wildlife.
Expand AllCollapse All
We can Customize the trip to suit your interest and help you make it fit your budget
After your flight lands at Tribhuvan International airport, Kathmandu, you will be greeted with a warm welcome by a GSA representative after you are encountered with the Display card s/he will be displayed on your arrival. You will be then transferred to the hotel in our private tourist vehicle.
Today we take a Drive to our trekking start point Syabru Bensi which takes about Six hours to drive by private Jeep. Along the way to Syabru Bensi, we can enjoy the Mountains view, green hills, and people's lifestyle that live in the countryside. After lunch in Trishuli Bazar, we continue our drive to Dhunche. From Dhunche, we descend down to Syabrubesi. Overnight night Syabru Bensi.
Today we start our hike from Syabru Bensi, ascending all the way to the village Goljung. After two hours of climb, the trail goes more gradually, following the newly open roadway. Enjoy the views of Ganesh Himal, Shishapangma, Langtang Lirung, and many other Mountains. Gatlang is a small settlement of Tamang People with Traditional stone houses. Overnight in Gatlang.
Trek Gatlang to Tatopani (2607m/8550ft), 6-7 hours.
After breakfast, we start our trek with a descent to Thangbuchet. We walk along the beautiful farm terrace with an amazing view of the landscape. Cross the suspension bridge over Bhote Koshi River, we ascend the trail until we reach Tatopani. Tatopani literally means ‘hot water in Nepali owing to the natural hot springs there. After a short rest in a teahouse, we better take a dip in the natural hot water to relax our tired muscles.
Trek Tatopani to Thuman, 6-Hour
Today we begin our trek from Tatopani to Thuman via Brimdang and Nagthali. Passing through the dense alpine forest, we reach the small Tamang settlement of Brimdang. Over an hour ascending we will reach Nagthali a mesmerizing viewpoint from where we can see Langtang, Sanjen, Kerung, and Ganesh Himalayan ranges. Trek downhill to Thuman is easier than our last climb but the path is not well constructed so we better walk slowly and steadily. Overnight in Thuman.
Trek Thuman to Briddim, 5-6 Hours.
Today we start the trek by descending the Bhotekoshi river. Cross over the suspension bridge we climb all the way uphill to Briddim. Along the way we pass a small village and Teahouse, after an hour's climb, we stop for rest, and we will take lunch. Briddim is a Tibetan Buddhist village on the lap of Langtang Himal, inhabited mostly by Tamang People. In the evening we visit the Dukchu Gompa monastery. Overnight in a teahouse.
After morning breakfast, we begin our trek to Rimche. Today, the trekking duration is long but most of the trail is gradual. Passing through the alpine forest and village we will also enjoy the view of Ganesh Himal and the beautiful Landscape with a farm terrace. After a lunch break in Sherpa village, we continue our trek to Rimche.
Today is a shorter hike and the trail will be easier, but Altitude may affect you, a slow walk is recommended for acclimatization. Pass on through yak pastures, the largest Mani wall, made from stone with prayers written on them. Walking along the Langtang valley with a scenic view of the Himalayas, the trek will be more interesting when we reach Kyanjing, the beautiful valley with many tiny flowers Where we can find a cheese factory, and bakery as well. Overnight in a teahouse.
Today we wake up early and hike up to Kyanjin- RI to see the aesthetic views of the Himalayas and the beauty of Langtang valley. After breakfast we start our trek to Ghoda Tabela, the trail is mostly gradual down and feels easy to walk. Overnight in Ghoda Tabela.
Today is the last day of our trek. Walking downhill is easier and warmer but we better be more careful and do a steady walk. After a seven-hour hike, we will be in Syabrubensi.
After a long adventure journey in Langtang valley, today we drive back to Kathmandu. This takes six hours by private jeep. We end our Adventure with a farewell dinner in the evening.
- All Airport and hotel transfers as per itinerary in private vehicle
- Accommodations in a Deluxe hotel in Kathmandu on twin sharing Basic.
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
- Round trip drive on private vehicle Kathmandu – Shyaphru Bensi – Kathmandu (for more than 2 people)
- Full board meals: B, L, D, and accommodation during the trek.
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide), Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers: 1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food, and lodging.
- Down jacket, sleeping bag, trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip. completion)
- All necessary paperwork and National park permits and TIMS.
- A comprehensive medical kit.
- All government and local taxes.
- Nepalese visa fee
- International airfare
- Excess baggage charges
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- All bar bills along the trek.
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu in case of early arrival, late departure, and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc
- Tips for Guides and Porters.