About Altitude Sickness
Jāmai What is Altitude Sickness? How to Deal with?
Altitude sickness, also known as “mountain sickness” is a symptom that can attack while you are hiking or climbing to the higher elevation. Especially this can be happening after 3000m/9840ft. if you walk too quickly.
http://kareritoursandadventures.com/?p=597 There are three types of Altitude Sickness
macroscopically 1) AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness: Very common one. Symptoms: dizziness, headache, muscle aches, nausea, vomiting.
buy Neurontin australia 2) HAPE (High Altitude Pulmonary Edema: Can happen when it buildup a fluid in the lungs. This is very dangerous and even life-threating.
3) HACE (High Altitude Cerebral Edema: this is the most severe form of altitude sickness and it can happen when fluids take a place in the brain. This is life-threating, as soon need to seek medical attention.
What should you do
- Hike (Ascend) slowly.
- Take a rest and take a deep breath.
- Drink plenty of water and fluids, stay hydrated.
- Walk on high and sleep at a low altitude.
- Descend (at low elevation).
- Take a Diamox or Tylenol.