Dolpo Trek with Shey Gompa
- Remote region of Nepal.
- Less explores area.
- Beautiful Phoksundo Lake.
- Home of Blue Ship, Snow leopard and Musk deer.
- Sherpa people and Buddhist culture.
Dolpo trek with Shey gompa takes you on a trail that’s edges through the ancient village like Dho Tarap where still people follow centuries old traditions and custom. Dolpo is one of the most remote and least developed districts in Nepal. The well protected forest of pine, Oak and Juniper is the home of endangered animals like Himalayan Thar, Musk deer, Blue ship and snow leopard. The majestic beauty of land scape and snowy peak make our trek more interesting. On our way to trek we have to cross two high pass, The Baga-la (5070m) and the Numala pass (5360), form where we can enjoy the aesthetic view of Mt. Dhaulagiri to the south and Tibetan Himalayan range Kugung la and Khyung lato the north. After crossing the high pass we will arrive to Phoksundo Lake which is one of the attractions of our trek. The view of Lake Turquoise –blue waters set in a cleft between rocks that’s rise 2,000m into the clear mountain skies. The Lake surround by beautiful village where people follows Buddhism and Bon po Culture.
After a day rest in Phokusundo, our Dolpo trek lead to the Shey Gompa crossing through another high pass Nagdalo-la (5350m). our classic trekking continue to the amazing country of crystal Mountain at Shey Gompa, following the ancient Himalayan trade route and back to Jhuphal for the flight back to Kathmandu, giving you more opportunity to explore this fascinating wild west of Nepal.
• All airport/hotel transfers
• Two nights accommodation in Deluxe hotel in Kathmandu, two nights in guest house in Nepalgunj/Jupal and tented, teahouse accommodation in mountain
• All domestic flights (Kathmandu-Nepalgunj -Jhuphal-Nepalgunj-Kathmandu)
• Guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
• Breakfast in Kathmandu and all meals Tea Coffee in mountain
• All ground transportation as per the itinerary program by private vehicles
• All necessary staffs with experienced English speaking leader (guide), cook, assistant leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers:1 porter), other helpers (1 trekker: 2 helpers) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
• All necessary paper works; special trekking permit for Lower Dolpo trek
• Down jacket, four seasonal sleeping bag, and trekking map (down jacket and sleeping bag are to be returned after trip completion)
• Camping equipment’s high quality North Face or Mountain Hardware or similar kitchen, dining, toilet tents, mattresses, and kitchen equipment’s
• Travel and rescue arrangements
• Welcome and farewell dinner
• Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
• All government and local taxes
• Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
• International airfare to and from Kathmandu
• Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 20 kg luggage, cargo charge is around $1.5 per kg)
• Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
• Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
• Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu(and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
• Travel and rescue insurance
• Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled water, shower, heater, etc.)
• Optional trips and sightseeing if extended
• Tips for guides and porters
Day 01: Arrival day in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264 ft
Day 02: Kathmandu valley sightseeing & trek preparation (1,300m/4,264 ft)
Day 03: Flight from Kathmandu to Nepaljung
Day 04: Fly to Jhupal (Dolpo) (2,320m/7,610ft) & trek to Dunai (2,850m/9,348ft), 2-3 hrs walk
Day 05: Trek to Tarakot (2,850m/9,348ft), 5-6 hrs walk.
Day 06: Trek to Khani Gaon (2,543m/8,341ft), 5-6 hrs walk
Day 07: Trek to Tarap Khola (3,450m/11,316ft), 4-5 hrs walk
Day 08: Trek to Yak Kharka (3800m/12,464ft), 4-5 hrs walk
Day 09: Trek to Dho Tarap (4,090m/13,415ft), 5-6 hrs walk
Day 10: Rest Day at Dho Tarap for acclimatization
Day 11: Trek to Tokyu Gaun 5-6 hrs walk
Day 12: Trek to Numa La
Day 13: Cross Numa- la (5190m/ 17.023ft) and camp at Phedi.
Day 14: Cross baga-la (5169m/ 16954ft), overnight at Yak kharka.
Day 15: Trek to Ringmogoan (3641m/11942ft), 6 hours.
Day 16: Rest day at Ringmo, explore Phoksundo Lake.
Day 17: Trek base camp (4600m/ 15088ft) 5-6 hours.
Day 18: Cross Nagdalo- la (5350m/ 17548ft) and trek to Shey Gompa (4340m/ 14235ft), 7 hours.
Day 19: Exploring day at Shey Gompa.
Day 20: Trek back to Base camp.
Day 21: Trek back to Chunuwar (3130m/10266ft).
Day 22: Trek back to Chhepka.
Day 23: Trek to Jhuphal.
24: Flight back to Kathmandu via Nepaljung.
25: extra day for incase of bad weather, flight delay.
26: Farewell friends.
Date & Price
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Book Now|
We specialize in arranging custom tailored tour/trekking packages. Fire us an email and one of our team members will get back to you to assist you in figuring out a best travel/trekking package for you.Go on - it will take just 30 seconds.